Pages

Sunday 30 October 2016

Autumn Biscuits


After Jess and Eddie's biscuits, I had enough icing leftover so I decided to go all out and make some autumn biscuits. I wanted to try a different recipe: an american inspired pumpkin spice biscuit. I tried two with pumpkin purée (from GloriousTreats and Sweetopia) and one without (from SemiSweetDesigns). The biscuits were distributed to willing guinea pigs and they prefered the recipes with pumpkin. Surprisingly the three batches held their shape beautifully.

Edited Nov 2017: recipe here

Après les biscuits pour le mariage de Jess et Eddie, il me restait du glaçage, parfait pour une fournée de biscuits d'automne. Je voulais essayer une recette différente inspirée des recettes américaines de citrouille et épices. J'en ai trouvé deux avec purée de citrouille (GloriousTreats et Sweetopia) et une sans (de SemiSweetDesigns). Mon équipe de testeurs a préféré les biscuits avec la citrouille. J'étais surprise de voir que les trois gardaient leur forme à la cuisson.

Edité nov 2017: recette ici


One thing I learnt though: old icing, NO NO... it doesn't dry well, yuk yuk!
Une chose importante: les restes de glaçage, Non et Non... ça ne sèche pas correctement, beurk beurk!


I had a good look on Google and Pinterest for some of the designs (especially the squirrel and the hedgehog). I decided to improvise on the textures to try to improve the finished look of my icing and I think the furry/spiky effect is not bad at all.
J'ai commencé par faire des recherches sur Google et Pinterest pour certains biscuits ( surtout l'écureuil et le hérisson). Comme le glaçage n'était pas top, j'ai improvisé avec les textures et je pense que l'effet poils/épines est pas mal du tout. 


 I think I need a mini apple cookie cutter now... the acorn is so cute!
Je pense qu'il me faut un mini emporte-pièce pomme... le gland était un peu dernière minute mais je l'adore!


And to finish off... the Tour de force... I managed to pipe some writing on a biscuit! ok, that's not totally true... I worked out how to transfer an image or writing on a biscuit so I can then pipe on top of that! Magic! There will be a separate post for that.
Et pour finir... mon tour de force... J'ai réussi à écrire sur un biscuit! ok, c'est pas vraiment vrai... Disons que j'ai trouvé une combine pour transférer une image/mot sur un biscuit. Après ça, j'ai juste à repasser avec le glaçage! Magique! Je vais préparer un autre billet juste pour ça.

No comments:

Post a Comment